Making Antibotic Supply kit, seems in USA goverment 2017 Removed O.T.C. Powered. now what can I use

I order fishmox from chewy dot com. There are sick feral cats all over here, and after getting tired of watching them die I started treating them.
Fishmox capsules are straight amoxicillin and useful for some things.

Good Job, PatPatPat on back. :clap We work with a Group that Trap & Spade/Neuter feral cats. then release them back. So I Understand Doing something Not just talking bout it.

Back to your question... What diseases do you want to be able to treat on your own?

Stubborn Respiratory issues & as Most other Illness will fix themselves given Non Antibiotics treatments as well as basic health environment care. I've a good Success with VetRX.

The amoxicillan might be worth having on hand, I believe it has applications for chickens. I'm not well versed in chicken meds though, still learning after many years without poultry.

You can look up currently approved drugs for laying hens, and other livestock, on FAFAD.org. It's a very useful site! Amoxicillin is not on the approved list, by the way.
It's a pretty short list...
Unfortunately, many products get into the egg yolks in the hen, and don't go away speedily, if at all.
Mary

I get that people don't like being told what to do, and that abusing /over usin will ruin the usefulness of drugs for everyone.

Sadly by 2050 the major killer of humans will be bacterial infection by superbugs that develop resistance to know antibiotics due to their overuse.

It will be Back to the dark ages/pre penicillin situation when a simple cut or cold will kill you.

The amoxicillin might be worth having on hand, I believe it has applications for chickens. I'm not well versed in chicken meds though, still learning after many years without poultry.
Yep I like that,.. I'm gonna do that.

You can look up currently approved drugs for laying hens, and other livestock, on FAFAD.org. It's a very useful site! Amoxicillin is not on the approved list, by the way.
It's a pretty short list...
Unfortunately, many products get into the egg yolks in the hen, and don't go away speedily, if at all.
Mary

I'll be looking them up, Thanks.

My advice is to find a vet that you like and put away a $100 to $200 vet fund. When/if that time comes you can take a couple of sick birds to the vet and have them run some tests (gram stain/culture and sensitivities).

Stocking up on drugs that may or may not help will be very expensive!

Last edited:
Yes, keeping a kit of non-expired drugs can be very expensive. It will be much less expensive to find a vet and get a prescription.

Back
Top Bottom