Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Honestly, the way I'm spending money elsewhere makes this more of a thought experiment than an actual set in stone plan - competing priorities, as always.

and the thought of bringing new breeds in almost feels like cheating (however necessary it will likely become).

CHICKEN MATH!

Must CULL first, then and only then can I consider growing the numbers again.

📣 Freezer Camp, Freezer Camp, Brrrr! 📣

Their Partridge Rocks and their Red Broilers.
Maybe try availability at Mt Healthy Hatchery? They have Freedom Rangers (if those work in place of red broilers), and partridge rocks. Maybe something else you might like. I placed an order from them this year after recommendations from 2 people and was super pleased with their customer service and chicks.

10 (duck) eggs in the incubator - but I'm just picking them off the ground every 12 hours or so, the ducks aren't sitting them, and its currently 51 degrees outside, high forties overnight. Not sure how viable these will be.
I would not think those temps would cause a problem. I've seen posts where people hatched eggs that had sit in the refrigerator for a few days. Also store bought refrigerated eggs (only from certain farms that free range).

Good luck on the hatch!

Back
Top Bottom