Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

2 hatched. A couple weren't fertile, the others were quits at various points in development. Some of the nights were sub freezing, and I've always had low success rates incubating ducks.

Going to try again. Then back to my chicken culling project.

Still making room in the freezer so I can process more of the other animals, need to right size flocks so some of the roo I don't want aren't fertilizing eggs I hope to hatch.

2 hatched. A couple weren't fertile, the others were quits at various points in development. Some of the nights were sub freezing, and I've always had low success rates incubating ducks.
If it is cold out when you collect eggs I normally allow them to sit room temp with pointed side down in a carton for 24hrs before incubation. Seems to help.

What is your drake to hen ratio?
What is your humidity when incubating duck eggs?

If it is cold out when you collect eggs I normally allow them to sit room temp with pointed side down in a carton for 24hrs before incubation. Seems to help.

What is your drake to hen ratio?
What is your humidity when incubating duck eggs?
My humidity is "variable" - the wife and I are in an RV while we build the house, so the humidity inside is usually close to the humidity outside, which in FL is often rather high. Ratio if 50/50.

TY for the tip.

My humidity is "variable" - the wife and I are in an RV while we build the house, so the humidity inside is usually close to the humidity outside, which in FL is often rather high. Ratio if 50/50.

TY for the tip.
I feel you here in the Gulf Coast of TX. We are in a house but have a 25 year old dyeing AC unit. More often than not the humidity inside is the same as the out side.

I feel you here in the Gulf Coast of TX. We are in a house but have a 25 year old dyeing AC unit. More often than not the humidity inside is the same as the out side.
We moved here from the Austin area, visited gulf coast a few times. Austin was where we lived after Tampa FL - worse than here in that the humidity was consistently higher still and the daily temp change was narrower.

We had frost this morning. 76 currently. I recall Tampa as 80%+ humidity, lows mid 70s, highs mid 80s day after day after day after day. This at least provides more variety.

We moved here from the Austin area, visited gulf coast a few times. Austin was where we lived after Tampa FL - worse than here in that the humidity was consistently higher still and the daily temp change was narrower.

We had frost this morning. 76 currently. I recall Tampa as 80%+ humidity, lows mid 70s, highs mid 80s day after day after day after day. This at least provides more variety.
We are up and down in the spring. But summers can be brutal.

1000005307.jpg

Weather looks good tommorw. I'll either be working on the outdoor shower, or culling.

Also, smoking salmon for cream cheese and bagels, and a pork loin for actual meals.

TEMPTED to cull, disrobe, and immediately throw a bird into a cool smoker (145) and let it go for 24 hours, see if its at all edible.

Back
Top Bottom