Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

I have a kitchen scale I use for weighing eggs in grams. I also use it for weighing the flour when I make a loaf of bread. Not sure how I'd get chicks to stand still long enough to weigh them. Put them in a small bowl or box?
Large tupperware, with a lid. Or a plastic 1 gallon pitcher

I have a kitchen scale I use for weighing eggs in grams. I also use it for weighing the flour when I make a loaf of bread. Not sure how I'd get chicks to stand still long enough to weigh them. Put them in a small bowl or box?

Put them into a container with a cloth draped over the top so they don't jump out.

Hello, came to share a monster of a chick.

2 week old, 6oz, & bigger then a pint jar. Barely fits in my hand. Chick likes slouching. Also very lazy.
20220621_185821.jpg

Hello, came to share a monster of a chick.

2 week old, 6oz, & bigger then a pint jar. Barely fits in my hand. Chick likes slouching. Also very lazy.
View attachment 3157722
I'd happily have some chicks like that. I have hatch before last about to join the main flock, and all I can think is " smaller than a Cornish hen"

I'd happily have some chicks like that. I have hatch before last about to join the main flock, and all I can think is " smaller than a Cornish hen"
I bet you would. So far it's the biggest chick I've ever seen, besides Cornish X at the same age. Behaves the same as a Cornish too, Eat, Sleep, Drink, Poop, & Repeat.

The chick is a Malay, & a very odd one too.

Hopefully you reach your goal of Big Red Meaties.

Back
Top Bottom