Making the most of it.

LOL, North of us gets enough to plow, Santa Fe is at 7000 feet. East NM toward Texas can get some serious blizzards.

Rarely enough to plow here. One good snow:

The winds are finally dying down (not before knocking or the power for a few hours), you know it's bad or when dh comes in and announces that the whole flock has taken refuge on the porch and that's ok with him (the porch is a no chicken zone for him). We hit a break in the wind so ds and I went out to put them all up, spent half an hour trying to get one stubborn barred rock in, discovered someone had decided to nest/lay in the horse manger (only three eggs, all passed the float test), gave up on catching the wild chicken so had to open up the run and let the rest of the flock out again.....dh found that annoyingly amusing. Still had no power so played uno and scrabble and ended up having a lot of fun. Not surprisingly the runaway hen magically reappeared acting like nothing ever happened. .....

The winds are finally dying down (not before knocking or the power for a few hours), you know it's bad or when dh comes in and announces that the whole flock has taken refuge on the porch and that's ok with him (the porch is a no chicken zone for him). We hit a break in the wind so ds and I went out to put them all up, spent half an hour trying to get one stubborn barred rock in, discovered someone had decided to nest/lay in the horse manger (only three eggs, all passed the float test), gave up on catching the wild chicken so had to open up the run and let the rest of the flock out again.....dh found that annoyingly amusing. Still had no power so played uno and scrabble and ended up having a lot of fun. Not surprisingly the runaway hen magically reappeared acting like nothing ever happened. .....

Ohhhh boy!!! What a adventurous day. But those make the best memories. Hope the wind dyes down for you.

Ohhhh boy!!! What a adventurous day. But those make the best memories. Hope the wind dyes down for you.
21 mph gusts here today, temp in the 30's; good day to stay inside & work on the new coop build.

Bought DW a new 4-burner grill for her b'day & set the old one in front of where she parks for the next dump run. She just went out to go to church, and the wind's blown the grill over, into the hood of her car. I'm talking a grill it takes two men to carry.Strange thing is there's a 30 gal plastic garbage can not 10' from the grill that's still standing.

Have a super day, Hon, & be careful if you have to go out.
hugs.gif

The weather for today cloudy but I about 70 degrees. Rain is suppose to come tomorrow. Tue is the day we head to the beach so hoping for some dry weather. Got to get caught up on chores today and laundry so I can pack for our mini get away. Gonna go slow but steady. I know my brother in law has people coming over for WWE paper view later on so I might hide away in my room later. Maybe read a book and rest... Not feeling the best today.

Back
Top Bottom