~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got an amazing rooster from Jerry's lines. He's going in my B and C pen because he is a C sized but he is absolutly gorgeous. I also keep mine in rabbit hutches they work great i can get a quad in each holw. I'm going to post pics of my new rooster later

Are serama egg laying machines or what??? I recently got 3 pullets and I can't get over how many
eggs these girls are laying! Do they always lay this good or am I just lucky?
Of course the roo I have in with them is not old enough to do his rooster thang yet so the eggs
aren't fertile but I can't wait till he is!!
And how old are they when they do usually start laying? I have heard that it is around 5 months but
I can't remember what I read. Thanks!

Mine take spells for a while my two just crank out eggs and then they take a couple weeks off then I have a bunch of eggs then no eggs its ups and downs with them nothing in the middle

here are a few of my birds (again) at a show
093-2.jpg

095-2.jpg

124.jpg

092-2.jpg

091-2.jpg

heres a video of my rooster Phoenix

i will have to take some pics of my frizzled serama breeders, and some of my promising offspring this week and post them!

Quote:
My first Seramas started laying at 5 months old. These last that I hatched from Jessi's eggs started laying a couple of weeks ago at 3 1/2 months old---and the eggs are fertile. I thought it was a fluke at first, maybe just one of the hens laying, but I've been picking 1 or 2 eggs just about daily now. These birds hatched on Dec 12, so that puts them at 4 months old today. Crazy...

Quote:
Mine tend to lay like crazy for a bit then they go broody. Some of mine usually start laying anywhere from 3-4 months old. I have 1 trio that are horrible layers but the rest are really good when they aren't broody lol. Seems to me the seramas are similar to silkies when it comes to hatching their own eggs. Cute lil buggers tho
big_smile.png

Quote:
Mine tend to lay like crazy for a bit then they go broody. Some of mine usually start laying anywhere from 3-4 months old. I have 1 trio that are horrible layers but the rest are really good when they aren't broody lol. Seems to me the seramas are similar to silkies when it comes to hatching their own eggs. Cute lil buggers tho
big_smile.png

Hello Chickenaddict! Would you really say that Seramas are good as Silkies for brooding?? If so, that might mean that I only need Seramas and not Silkies if I want to brood a few eggs?
Thanks!
Matthew

Quote:
big_smile.png

Hello Chickenaddict! Would you really say that Seramas are good as Silkies for brooding?? If so, that might mean that I only need Seramas and not Silkies if I want to brood a few eggs?
Thanks!
Matthew

Absolutely matthew! Mine are broody machines! and excellent mothers. You can't fit as many eggs under a serama as you can a silkie but if you are just hatching a few eggs out they would be perfect.

This is ebony, my B class solid black hen. She hatched out these frizzle cochin/light brahma chicks on March 14th. They are getting sooo big she can hardly cover them anymore but she does. Her chicks have learned her temperment and are sooo sweet they run right up to you and let you handle them. Other broody hens I have had of different breeds won't let you get close to the babies without taking your hand off.

10663_img_7601.jpg

Quote:
Thanks!
Matthew

Absolutely matthew! Mine are broody machines! and excellent mothers. You can't fit as many eggs under a serama as you can a silkie but if you are just hatching a few eggs out they would be perfect.

This is ebony, my B class solid black hen. She hatched out these frizzle cochin/light brahma chicks on March 14th. They are getting sooo big she can hardly cover them anymore but she does. Her chicks have learned her temperment and are sooo sweet they run right up to you and let you handle them. Other broody hens I have had of different breeds won't let you get close to the babies without taking your hand off.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/10663_img_7601.jpg

Thank you!!!! That really helped me
smile.png

Matthew

Quote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/10663_img_7601.jpg

Thank you!!!! That really helped me
smile.png

Matthew

My pleasure
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom