~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin you have some beautiful, typey serama!

Funny you should all talk about the laying age and the broodiness of the serama. My little girl Molly didn't start laying until she was 8 months old! I was worried that she would never lay. So she's been laying for about 3 weeks now and suddenly, she's hunkered down tight on her nest. I think the silly thing has gone broody! I'm actually pretty excited that she might be. I noticed that she slept on the nest last night, but she was off this morning. When I went home for lunch, she was back on it with an egg underneath her. I have 14 of her and Mandy's eggs in my new Brinsea Bator. I have two more of their eggs in the house and if she's still on that nest when I get home from work today, I'm going to pop them under her little broody butt.

Quote:
Hey Jen! Bring the girls to the Dayton show, and we'll ask Mr. Mongold to show us AI! Maybe the best cock will stud himself out for you!
lau.gif
Cannonball will be there, and my new boy, Galileo. Remember that little cockerel that I had in my pocket at the ON last year? Here he is now. I owe Kelly a big hug for helping me pick him out!
31816_galileo.jpg

Quote:
Hey Jen! Bring the girls to the Dayton show, and we'll ask Mr. Mongold to show us AI! Maybe the best cock will stud himself out for you!
lau.gif
Cannonball will be there, and my new boy, Galileo. Remember that little cockerel that I had in my pocket at the ON last year? Here he is now. I owe Kelly a big hug for helping me pick him out! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31816_galileo.jpg

Hi Catwalk,

Nice. What color do you call him? Is he chocolate? What color chicks is he producing?

I just call him gold laced. He hasn't made any babies yet. I only have three hens that are laying right now, but I'm planning on pairing Bananas with him when she matures.
31816_bananas.jpg

Quote:
lau.gif
Cannonball will be there, and my new boy, Galileo. Remember that little cockerel that I had in my pocket at the ON last year? Here he is now. I owe Kelly a big hug for helping me pick him out! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/31816_galileo.jpg

Do you really think he would??? That would be sweet!!

Quote:
Hello Chickenaddict! Would you really say that Seramas are good as Silkies for brooding?? If so, that might mean that I only need Seramas and not Silkies if I want to brood a few eggs?
Thanks!
Matthew

Absolutely matthew! Mine are broody machines! and excellent mothers. You can't fit as many eggs under a serama as you can a silkie but if you are just hatching a few eggs out they would be perfect.

This is ebony, my B class solid black hen. She hatched out these frizzle cochin/light brahma chicks on March 14th. They are getting sooo big she can hardly cover them anymore but she does. Her chicks have learned her temperment and are sooo sweet they run right up to you and let you handle them. Other broody hens I have had of different breeds won't let you get close to the babies without taking your hand off.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/10663_img_7601.jpg

Love that photo of mama with chicks!

Quote:
Who, Edgar or Cannonball?!?!
ep.gif

Well I don't no Edgar but I guess from what you say he knows what he is doing and prob has some
great serama???? Cannonball looks pretty sweet!!
I soooooooo what some silkieds!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom