~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If it were me, I would let them hatch their own eggs. Nothing is broodier than a serama, and most people get good hatch rates using hens. At least that is what we have found with the hundreds of eggs we have sold. Incubators are just finicky sometimes.
Is that an option?

None of my seramas have shown any sign of going broody yet. Would it be ok to let one of my silkies hatch them? They are always going broody, ofcourse they are older too. My seramas started laying about a month ago. That tells you how young they are.

Quote:
If it were me, I would let them hatch their own eggs. Nothing is broodier than a serama, and most people get good hatch rates using hens. At least that is what we have found with the hundreds of eggs we have sold. Incubators are just finicky sometimes.
Is that an option?

None of my seramas have shown any sign of going broody yet. Would it be ok to let one of my silkies hatch them? They are always going broody, ofcourse they are older too. My seramas started laying about a month ago. That tells you how young they are.

I've had my ducks hatch them before lol. Thats something to see. My brahmas have also done very well hatching them out.

fl.gif

Quote:

I've had my ducks hatch them before lol. Thats something to see. My brahmas have also done very well hatching them out.

lau.gif
I would love to see my ducks hatch a serama chick. ok its settled. I'm going to let my silkie hen have a chance at hatching some of these little cutties. I have one partridge silkie hen that I have put other chicken eggs, even standards, under, and she hatched them without any problems. She just loves to be a mom. She has even stole other chicks from other hens, so I know she will do the job. I pray this solves the problem
fl.gif

hugs.gif
thank you, everyone, for all the help, and support. I don't know what i would do without byc.....

Last edited:
Quote:

I would LOVE to see the "what" face the duck made when those hatched...

Getting ready to go to Nationals!
Ill be helping the SCNA, and might be near the raffle table!

Here are the pics of the last available birds. Some of these I was going to keep, but in sakes of making room, gonna offer them up.

http://s776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/BluegrassSeramas/November Birds 2010/

Also thinking about selling my pair of Snowy Calls I got from Brian Simmons
CIMG1520.jpg

If anyone is gonna be there and wants bird delivery, let me know! PM for my cell phone number.

Here is what I look like if you want to hunt me down.
Darcyandmeeatingchicken.jpg
JurrasicJessipic.jpg

MEPIC.jpg

Quote:
I did the opposite, I used a serama to hatch some call ducks and the babies started climbing in their water dish and their "mama" was having a cow, squacking and squeaking, trying to keep them out, it was so funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom