Male or female dark brahma?

6 weeks old. While I'm happy that everyone is saying pullet, I am still not sold. She/he has very, very wide legs. But maybe she will just be a big girl!
Curious as to why you guys are saying pullet. Let me know! Thanks!!

By 6 weeks old, my roo's were acting very different. They were very confrontational. They were constantly challenging each other.

By 6 weeks old, my roo's were acting very different. They were very confrontational. They were constantly challenging each other.

This chick has been in the brooder with only one other chick since 3 days old, a New Hampshire red, and they seem to really like each other. They sleep together and are never confrontational. Hope that's another good sign!

6 weeks old. While I'm happy that everyone is saying pullet, I am still not sold. She/he has very, very wide legs. But maybe she will just be a big girl!
Curious as to why you guys are saying pullet. Let me know! Thanks!!
The patterning through the chest feathers are female specific. Males have solid black chest feathers.

Hi! @Gray Farms - If I post pics of 3 1/2 week-old Dk Brahmas, do you think you might have some input? Or is that too young?
Its the chest feather your looking for, 3 1/3 weeks is a little young. Check them yourself first, Dark Brahmas a fairly easy when their chest feathers come in. Look em over and if you have doubts on you accuracy of sexing them, by all means post some pics.

Its the chest feather your looking for, 3 1/3 weeks is a little young. Check them yourself first, Dark Brahmas a fairly easy when their chest feathers come in. Look em over and if you have doubts on you accuracy of sexing them, by all means post some pics.
Thanks! Two have pale, fluffy chests. One has a dark chest, more feathered. I'll keep an eye on them. I appreciate your reply.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom