Male or female Easter Egger

Oh yeah, he's a pretty boy! And his gender is pretty obvious in these photos if you've seen more than a few EEs...

Would you post a pic of the suspect Sussex?

These are my speckled Sussex...my gut tells me that the one with the whiter chest might be male??? Seems different than the other two...bigger and prettier too! .????
They are from a hatchery and were supposed to be females

Last edited:
The light one doesn't look much like a SS, actually. Does she have speckles on her chest at all? My SS pullets have been colored more like the one you're worried about. I do think the first photo looks masculine in posture but not overwhelmingly so. I'd wait a couple weeks and post an updated pic.

Yes...they all have a little bit of speckles on their chests....i guess I will wait a few weeks like you said! Thanks for replying?

The light one doesn't look much like a SS, actually. Does she have speckles on her chest at all? My SS pullets have been colored more like the one you're worried about. I do think the first photo looks masculine in posture but not overwhelmingly so. I'd wait a couple weeks and post an updated pic.

These are my speckled Sussex...my gut tells me that the one with the whiter chest might be male??? Seems different than the other two...bigger and prettier too! .????
They are from a hatchery and were supposed to be females

Tail feathers, color of tail feathers, and the comb size and color, long legs, strut posture....looks like a roo.

I am amazed at how tame those are. I had 16 eggs in the incubator and 13 hatched. It was a little bit overwhelming so I took 6 of them to my cousins to help. Once I split them up, those chicks have been wild since. You would think I went and caught them in the woods they are so wild. They look just like the ones pictured by chicken cheeks. I hope they can post some updated pics if they still have them.

Back
Top Bottom