male or female

It feels like fat and it is in one place.it doesnt bother him.
Most likely that's what it is then, now someone said it isn't good to let waterfowl lay on their backs it causes pressure to their internal organs Just thought I'd pass that on. He looks very healthy and needs to have some fat reserves to go into winter.

Ok thank you si much and i figure that about dakota laying on her back it was only for a a minute or two but we never have her like that all the time.once in a while for a picture.i will pass it on to my daughter not to do that at all anymore.thank you your awesome

Ok thank you si much and i figure that about dakota laying on her back it was only for a a minute or two but we never have her like that all the time.once in a while for a picture.i will pass it on to my daughter not to do that at all anymore.thank you your awesome
It is a cute picture.
smile.png

Is it normal for a duck to always swim backward.i guess thats the way he taught himself.but its weird i put him in the bath and push him forward and his want to swim backwards.he has been doing this since he first started swimming.just want to know what you all think.

Is it normal for a duck to always swim backward.i guess thats the way he taught himself.but its weird i put him in the bath and push him forward and his want to swim backwards.he has been doing this since he first started swimming.just want to know what you all think.
Is this your crested duck your talking about?

Is that bad if they mate then.they havent yet.there is a 50 percent chance a duckling will have the gene.i dont want to put a baby duckling threw that.

Is that bad if they mate then.they havent yet.there is a 50 percent chance a duckling will have the gene.i dont want to put a baby duckling threw that.
They can mate all they want to, just take all the eggs away, there is no chance of ducklings until the duck laying decides to sit an incubate so your not taking away ducklings just eggs. I have to do this all the time with my Muscovy's not because of the crested gene but to keep from being over run with ducks, I call it birth control
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom