Male or Female?

RitzyBud

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
Maine
Alright, so....I have a almost 7 month old White Chinese goose, I got her as a gosling for a few reasons... because she was the only gosling in with all the ducklings I was purchasing, because I wanted her to protect my ducks (which she does) and because she was freakin ADORABLE! So, now to my question. When I bought the goose, I was told it was a female and up until 2 weeks ago I thought it was female, whatever it is, he or she has been trying to mate with my smallest cayuga duck. I have 3 other ducks, 2 female Saxony and a male Cayuga, the male Cayuga doesn't attempt to mate with my smallest Cayuga - or the Saxony and the goose doesn't attempt to mate with the Saxony. When the goose trys to mate with my Cayuga is screeches a horrible horrible sound, the goose is already loud, but when she hops on top of that Cayuga you can hear the goose from a mile away.... I need to know if the goose is a male or female and I have no idea how to tell, pictures will be up in a bit and any answers would be helpful:)

Alright, so....I have a almost 7 month old White Chinese goose, I got her as a gosling for a few reasons... because she was the only gosling in with all the ducklings I was purchasing, because I wanted her to protect my ducks (which she does) and because she was freakin ADORABLE! So, now to my question. When I bought the goose, I was told it was a female and up until 2 weeks ago I thought it was female, whatever it is, he or she has been trying to mate with my smallest cayuga duck. I have 3 other ducks, 2 female Saxony and a male Cayuga, the male Cayuga doesn't attempt to mate with my smallest Cayuga - or the Saxony and the goose doesn't attempt to mate with the Saxony. When the goose trys to mate with my Cayuga is screeches a horrible horrible sound, the goose is already loud, but when she hops on top of that Cayuga you can hear the goose from a mile away.... I need to know if the goose is a male or female and I have no idea how to tell, pictures will be up in a bit and any answers would be helpful:) 

Back
Top Bottom