Mallard ducks

srq1995

Hatching
Dec 15, 2016
I have 2 grown mallard ducks I recently got them a heat lamp to go into their duck house but it's almost like they are scared of it they won't go in when it's turned on anyone else experience this ? Do I need to start locking them up at night so they kinda just have to deal with it? Cause now they have free range to go in or out whenever.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I don't know much about ducks but, if they are mature I would think they do not need a heat lamp.

You may want to post on the "duck thread" where they can offer better advice.

G’Day from down under srq1995
frow.gif
Welcome!

Quiet day at work today so I have been lurking in BYC, reading lots of posts about our feathered friends in winter. The most common opinion I am reading is “No heat lamps” for adult birds. However, as Diva has suggested, you may want to check on the Duck Forum:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

I just had a quick look and there were at least 4 recent posts on this subject.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Hello there, and my warmest welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you decided to join the community and I do hope you will make yourself at home here! :frow

Back
Top Bottom