MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics

WaterfowlWierdo

Songster
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
Rathdrum, Idaho
Everyone post pics of your mallards.... if you aren't sure if its a rouen or mallard
idunno.gif
POST IT ANY WAY!

I am dead obsessed with mallards and would love to hear about and see yours!
thumbsup.gif

It's funny other forms say superglue it on backyard site. I've seen other forms on the site with issue simaler to mine. It works for them. But I have to feel the losses and have cookies spread about me and be tracked. Your just repeating what I already new from Hatchery's and vet. That's not what I needed.

You need to handle this on another thread, this is not relevant to the mallard topic of this thread and I suggest that you find help else where . There are plenty of threads on this site that can help with your particular problem.

Walnut is also correct if someone is trying to give you advice when you asked for help it is only appropriate to thank them for their time . You do not have to follow their advice, but a nice 'thank you for replying .. but ...' is a simple and nice way to thank a person for their careing and helpfulness but also politely declining the action that they suggested.

Last edited:
I've had my duckies for two months now! Mrs. Duck is spending a lot of time in her nest bin. Could this mean she's preparing to lay?
fl.gif

Mr. Duck is trying to mate with my silkies. Poor things, they are thankfully able to run away!
Too cute! Mine are do the same thing. The girls are sitting in their holes, but not laying any eggs. I'm hoping though.
Here's a video of my mallards chasing the wild ones around. When ever the wild ducks fly ahead mine go nuts and make a lot of noise, usually bringing them down to play.
They pretty much chase each other all over and then rest next to each other. It's cute. The first ducks in the video are the wild ones, mine come running in after them

REALLY???  How can you tell?  My Peepers
looks just like Moby!  I think Peepers is just about a month old now, too. 

Both of my drakes started turning into their yellow/ gold. Right there where the bottom half meet of their bill meets the top half. My hen started to getting orange on her bill, still having a little black. Soon your duck should get a light green on the very top of his head.

Zeus! The little duckling that had a dime-sized pip at 11am, and was out by 3pm. He officially turned one day old today at 3! His birthday present was spending some time outside. Zeus is a Mallard/Welsh Harlequin mix.

I'm not saying what you said isn't correct hahaha I'm saying that when you say one gender or another "determines" the gender of an offspring that phrase should be used more loosely. You are talking to a cardiologist here buddy.....

determine(s): cause (something) to occur in a particular way;
be the decisive factor in.

The hen genetically determines the gender of the offspring

Back
Top Bottom