MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
Pyrrhos is so cute! :) See the dark stuff on her bill? Peepers has lost almost all of that now as well as the orange color. So, his is more plain yellow - one of the bigger reasons I believe him to be a drake, actually. But, still no green feathers on him yet. I can't figure that part out. lol

Since Peepers and Pyrrhos are roughly the same age, Pyrrhos is probably definitely a hen.

I think my friend's Mallard drakes started getting their green heads around... Oh, gosh. Don't quote me on this. But I think one was about... 12-13 weeks, and the other started turning a week or two later. "My friend" is Kada, who's posted in here, so hopefully she sees this and can help me out if I'm wrong lol.

Since Peepers and Pyrrhos are roughly the same age, Pyrrhos is probably definitely a hen.

I think my friend's Mallard drakes started getting their green heads around... Oh, gosh. Don't quote me on this. But I think one was about... 12-13 weeks, and the other started turning a week or two later. "My friend" is Kada, who's posted in here, so hopefully she sees this and can help me out if I'm wrong lol.

That's defintely a hen.

Clint

13 weeks is when Rascal had fron of his head by nose green and other drake had football markings in green lol :)

I have a question does anyone know wen they get their big bird feathers ? ... I'm starting to notice a difference in the tail feathers lol my ducklings are 6weeks

13 weeks is when Rascal had fron of his head by nose green and other drake had football markings in green lol :)

Thanks!! :) Since Peepers isn't there yet, I guess we have a couple of weeks before we start seeing the green. ;) ...I wish I could get him to sit still so I can take a pic of him!! He's a little stinker! LOL!

OH!... And, this is for everyone: Since Peepers is a drake, I believe I have 2 drakes and 1 duck. Is that a really bad ratio? Do you think I should get another duck(or two) to even out the gender imbalance?

Last edited:
OH!... And, this is for everyone: Since Peepers is a drake, I believe I have 2 drakes and 1 duck. Is that a really bad ratio? Do you think I should get another duck(or two) to even out the gender imbalance?

I have 2 drakes and 3 females. Everyone gets along just fine. I am just watching them closely and will decide to get another female or two if they start to fight over them.

Back
Top Bottom