MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
Little Wobbles!

That little face gets me every time...

I have 2 adult Mallards, but I have no pictures of them yet.

Last edited:
They are LOVING the heating pad. I have a wash cloth over it so they can lay on it and not slip. Ideal did not clip the back toes on them! So I did it myself. No blood at all, not even a fuss. Now they are marked and my butt is covered, haha. I'm a little bit afraid to hold them because they are fast, tiny, and have no depth perception. Any ideas on how I can safely bond with them in these crucial first days? I'm thinking about just laying on the floor in a carpeted room and putting them down. That way they can get used to me, the giant and that way they can't fall off anything. I've been answering their calls with "It's alright." I'm still thinking of names.

My hands are 95 degrees right now according to my infrared thermometer so I will be holding the babies as much as possible!

Oh and I'm not sure if anyone has ever heard this song by Weird Al about ducks but it's hilarious!

0.jpg

Last edited:
They are really starting to bond, I think. Less running away. They are starting to cuddle up to me too! One is just slightly bigger than the other. And one has pink spots on his feet. The one with the pink spots is Webster. The other one with the pure black feet is Ferdinand. I will put a cut straw "leg band" on Ferdinand once he is a little bigger. They stayed on my bed in their tank last night and snuggled right up next to the purple duck stuffed toy I sewed for them. They really do like the heating pad. My chicks don't seem as cozy with the heat lamp, haha.

Back
Top Bottom