MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics

I finally got donald my male mallard two female mallards(daset and daphne)

I was reminded some friends mentioned they might be Rouens because they haven't really flown. Only a few times have I seen them airborne and then only a couple feet off the ground for a distance of only several feet. Mmmmmm really makes me wonder just what we have. The lady that gave them to us said they were Mallards, but maybe she doesn't know either.
My mallard doesn't like to fly much but rouens don't either. . . .as far as a side by side, i cant provide one because I don't have rouens but its quite a difference, not always in confirmation but size

Dancinbaer I saw your pictures and I thought at first glance that they looked like rouens. Maybe they are a cross but they are still adorable :). I have three rouens and one mallard, the rouens can get like 2 feet off the ground for a very small distance and my mallard can fly really good when he wants to. Here are some pics and the bigger boys are my rouens and the smaller one's my mallard. They look very similar and if not side by side can be easy to confuse. Hope this helps!!! -Hannah

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Just an update on Webster and Ferdinand! They are doing great and are getting more and more friendly and interactive everyday! They will be 2 weeks on the 22nd! They just got moved into a dog crate from their 10 gallon fish tank. They still have the heating pad for safe measure. My question to everyone is...how will I tell them apart as adults? Right now Webster has tan spots on his feet but I'm not sure if they will stay like that. How do you band a duck? Do you wait until they are done growing first? I just don't want to get them confused haha. I am working on convincing my mom to let me get diaper harnesses for them for Christmas, that way they can wander around more with less of a mess. I'm so happy to have them in my care. I promise I will post pictures again soon. I'm just waiting for the right shots. They move so fast my camera can barely get them....maybe at nap time, haha.

Back
Top Bottom