MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
Hey everyone! Just an update on Webster and Ferdinand! They are doing great and are getting more and more friendly and interactive everyday! They will be 2 weeks on the 22nd! They just got moved into a dog crate from their 10 gallon fish tank. They still have the heating pad for safe measure. My question to everyone is...how will I tell them apart as adults? Right now Webster has tan spots on his feet but I'm not sure if they will stay like that. How do you band a duck? Do you wait until they are done growing first? I just don't want to get them confused haha. I am working on convincing my mom to let me get diaper harnesses for them for Christmas, that way they can wander around more with less of a mess. I'm so happy to have them in my care. I promise I will post pictures again soon. I'm just waiting for the right shots. They move so fast my camera can barely get them....maybe at nap time, haha.
Awesome! post some pics of them!!

I have 3 Mallard hens that are about 30 weeks old. Two started laying a month or so ago shortly after the chicken hens started laying that I got about the same time. I get 1 or 2 eggs every day. Should all three be laying? Do ducks lat continuously like hens. Has anyone ever seen a chicken/duck cross. I see the roosters mating with the ducks. I had hoped for one drake out of the 3. You might know that I would be overrun with roosters with no drakes.

I have 3 Mallard hens that are about 30 weeks old. Two started laying a month or so ago shortly after the chicken hens started laying that I got about the same time. I get 1 or 2 eggs every day. Should all three be laying? Do ducks lat continuously like hens. Has anyone ever seen a chicken/duck cross. I see the roosters mating with the ducks. I had hoped for one drake out of the 3. You might know that I would be overrun with roosters with no drakes.
My ducks don't lay continuously like chickens and the roosters might just be attacking them but I'm no expert.:)

This is them in a cardboard box in the living room. They just enjoyed some treats and a big drink,
love.gif
Their adorable!

Can someone do me a HUGE favor? Grab one of your purebred mallard drakes and measure him for me. That way I know what size diaper to order for my guys when they get big! Here is how they want you to measure.

I would appreciate it so much. That way I can order the diapers in advanced!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom