MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
I have a mallard Cayuga mix but the Cayuga is twice removed but she's all black and only a bit bigger than a mallard, so here's is my question if a Rouen were to mate with a Rouen would the offspring have a silver lining with black base feathers

Well, Pyrrhos stopped sitting on them, and we weren't able to reach them. I think they just weren't fertile, or they didn't develop. I hope she triee again, though!

In about the middle of my property I have a gravil pit(not really a gravil pit) but theres one sand hill and it's open and surrounded by woods and in the middle of the open area in the woods theres a big area of brushy woods than right against that is an area where water collects at and there's always little frogs there every spring/summer and they lay eggs there and we would always catch tadpoles there and today I took the shovel back there and started digging the hole bigger and and gonna keep digging it deeper and bigger tomorrow(the deepest part is about half a foot) and I'm hoping to dig it at least a foot deep and about 12 foot long and about 2 feet wide is what the finnished hole will be. And there's willows and grass growing around it and in it and like I said it's open a big and on the back side its a woodsy part and its a little dry an sandy in the open part but full of grass and I live in Ohio. I was thinking about how awesome it would be to have a pair of geese or ducks come there(which I think ducks are more likely) and have a nest or just hang out back there. And when it's all dug I'm gonna put a few crawdads and a few dozen minnows I catch out of a creek. I was wandering what you guys think the chance is for mallards or other wild ducks coming there. I don't think it's real likley for them to since theres a big pond at the neighbors woods but I'm kinda hopeful...and even if I raise some mallards and let them on it when there older(cause it will be about June when I do) But anyway let me know what you think about the chance of wild ducks coming back there or what I could do to make them fly down and check it out.......thanks a bunch!!!!

I'm new to the thread! I have one mallard (male we think) he is 4 days old and his name is Paisley! I have a few questions about mallards
1-do they really fly away?
2-will he get that pretty green color?
3-will he be ok becoming a maited pair with my pekin?
Any info on mallards I would love to here it!

I'm new to the thread! I have one mallard (male we think) he is 4 days old and his name is Paisley! I have a few questions about mallards
1-do they really fly away?
2-will he get that pretty green color?
3-will he be ok becoming a maited pair with my pekin?
Any info on mallards I would love to here it!

Yes they fly away, some come back some don't. A breeding pair just came back to me 2 days ago. If it's a male it will get a green shiny head. And I think it will be able to mate with a pekin.

We are building a large coop would he be fine being locked in the coop when it gets cold so he dosnt fly away? He's my pet and I'd hate to loose him

Back
Top Bottom