MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
Well my white mallards hatched out two ducklings. They are a week old now and I had to share this.

love.gif

These are my babies when I got them a week and a half ago.

The day we got them, one of the babies!

Curled up in my hubby's hand

My little Cupcake.

Drying off after their bath, they get a warm bath every other day.

Should they get a bath every day? Twice daily? They are starting to get their feathers. I had to make them the milk jug waterers because they couldn't clean their faces well enough out of the chick waterer anymore. I think they were at the store for a week before we got them? How do you figure out how old they are? I noticed on Sunday after bathtime there are prickly feathers starting on their tails and some of them on their bodies.

Can anyone tell if there are any drakes in my pics? Sorry about all the pics but I cannot tell them apart anymore. I have 3 and they are about 8 weeks old.

Can anyone tell if there are any drakes in my pics? Sorry about all the pics but I cannot tell them apart anymore. I have 3 and they are about 8 weeks old.

Looks like 2 hens and a drake, by their bill color hens are more orangish and yellow while drakes have a greenish color. You should be able to tell in a week when they grow tail feathers. Also by this age you can start to tell the difference in their voices.

We went into the feed store today to pick up our Four Cayuga ducklings 3 girls and a drake... When the store called this morning they said my drake was DOA :'( so.....we picked up a Mallard drake! Boy am I glad we did! He is super super sweet and cuddly and cute as a button! I do however know basically nothing about Mallards! Please any advice would be helpful... We live in the city and we are first time duck owners!

Back
Top Bottom