MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics

Early day today but it was nice to have dusky relax with her muscle mates . Aka the rouens .

Here is a pic I took of my rescue mallard yesterday, and also when she was smaller. I blame her for starting my obsession LOL. She doesn't like people though, so she will be going back to the wild when she is ready.

Here is a pic I took of my rescue mallard yesterday, and also when she was smaller. I blame her for starting my obsession LOL. She doesn't like people though, so she will be going back to the wild when she is ready.

It's very nice what are you going to do, but in my opinion, if you have a park with water and there are other ducks, let it with them, it will have a easy life.
Thanks

It's very nice what are you going to do, but in my opinion, if you have a park with water and there are other ducks, let it with them, it will have a easy life.
Thanks
That was my original plan, but now I am reading that eating a bunch of bread etc. at parks can drastically reduce their lifespans. However, that is likely where mama came from (she was strolling through our neighborhood though when she and the babies were attacked by a dog), so it's probably the best choice unless I can find a wildlife preserve near here. There are a couple of parks near here with large duck populations that would work nicely.

I have rescued sparrows on and off through the years, and I released one at Disneyland. Talk about an easy life :)

That was my original plan, but now I am reading that eating a bunch of bread etc. at parks can drastically reduce their lifespans. However, that is likely where mama came from (she was strolling through our neighborhood though when she and the babies were attacked by a dog), so it's probably the best choice unless I can find a wildlife preserve near here. There are a couple of parks near here with large duck populations that would work nicely.

I have rescued sparrows on and off through the years, and I released one at Disneyland. Talk about an easy life :)
I love read this words!
A lot of people think that ducks in the water only play and drink, but when I take my ducks to the ravine with water and algae and other water plants they filter all the time and when we go to home, I take notice of their droppings, and they are black, when we get to the pond, they have green droppings and when they are in the pen, their droppings are yellow or brown because the feed.
Here in spain we don't have parks with ducks, but we have parks with a lot of pigeons and this birds can't live with the bread that two or three persons give them every day, they need to fly and find wild seeds to complete their nutrition, the ducks have it more easy, the food can be found in their own home.
Thanks

My mallard has been walking around a lot lately making a new sound. It sounds like a whine or a soft cry. She is almost 6 months old. Other than the sounds everything is the same. Could it be a sign she will lay an egg soon?

Back
Top Bottom