MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
Nothing wrong with Having Rouens  they are lovely ducks and I have to agree most people that work at TSC haven't a clue. At least you don't have to worry as much about Rouens flying off. :)

Yea I know but what happens if u mix a rouen and a khaki Campbell what do u get

You get a mixed duck , like if you mixed a lab and a German Shepard you get a lab and German Shepard mix, sanebthing goes for ducks it would be a mutt .

Any way to tell at 6 weeks old the sex of mallard babies?

I want to get a pair, but, I want one of each.

Any way to tell at 6 weeks old the sex of mallard babies?

I want to get a pair, but, I want one of each.
You should be able to tell by their voices at this age. Males will have a quiet, raspy peep and females a louder more clear peep or peep-quack. Also, males at this age should be starting to get a green or yellow bill.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any pictures of Mallard eggs? I have someone who wants fertilized mallard eggs from me..I have mallards and Khaki campbells so I want to make sure I give them the right eggs, our drake is mallard so the others would end up being mixes.

#1 your commuting a crime if you say your giving them mallard eggs when they're mixes
#2 they're usually like smaller than a normal egg but similar to a khakie a maybe more green .

We have 1 mallard hen and 2 khaki Campbell hens and 1 mallard Drake. I will compare the eggs tomorrow to see if there is any difference. I might just seperate her at night until after she lays her egg in the mornings. Think it's the only 100% way of knowing I get the right eggs,

Back
Top Bottom