MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Pics
Check out my little guy :love

Okay guys, i was on youtube this morning watching a homestead on mallards, and the lady was talking about her mallard and calling her mallard and call duck mix ( a beatiful color of chocolate by the way ) a mallard. and it agitated me a bit that she was selling her mix breeds as pure breeds.

The whole reason that that makes me mad is that for my black mallards, they are full blooded mallard and go for pure bred mallard price, and for someone to say that there duck is a call duck mix then turn around and call it a pure bred mallard and sell it as one that just grinds my gears.

Last edited:
When will Pie get a green head? We got him at the end of March as a few day old duckling. He mates with my female and does not quack so I am positive he is male. Here is a few pics of him and Butterfinger, who is the same age. I am starting to think he will never get a green head.
sad.png

Butterfinger is the first one and the rest are Pie

When will Pie get a green head? We got him at the end of March as a few day old duckling. He mates with my female and does not quack so I am positive he is male. Here is a few pics of him and Butterfinger, who is the same age. I am starting to think he will never get a green head.
sad.png

Butterfinger is the first one and the rest are Pie

Looks like he should have it within the next few weeks, depending on how quickly he molts. He's definitely heading in that direction - his breast is chestnut colored, his body has a lot of gray so far, and I'm pretty sure I see some green "eyeliner". ;)

Back
Top Bottom