MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

First of the season black mallard egg

That's really neat how the bloom is dark. I bet your black mallards are gorgeous. Are you gonna hatch it?

of course
thumbsup.gif

this is the beautiful mama im so proud of her she setting alot older and is my last black mallard, but i have got to keep my line, even if that means inbreeding and breeding with some greys.

Last edited:
Buff goose guy, Any thoughts on housing my lone mallard drake with some call duckls? I dont think I will let them breed until I have room to seperate them but He needs some hens to get his duty done and calm him a little

yes u could always do that but more mallards would be alot cheaper. plus the babies would always be mixed breed and fr generations. were talking decades with only breeding the first offspring with mallards will they be true mallards again

Last edited:
yes u could always do that but more mallards would be alot cheaper. plus the babies would always be mixed breed and fr generations. were talking decades with only breeding the first offspring with mallards will they be true mallards again
Yeah I know, I have been wanting calls for some time now. If I ever let them reproduce, I would remove the mallard drake for a few months before hatching. Hence why I will wait til I have more room

Back
Top Bottom