MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

bad news guys the black mallard egg was taken bye crows along with my other mallard eggs

i came home from school was pulling up into the drive way and looked by a tree " Thats a green egg" i said to my self and i then spead all the way up the drive way, i had put the egg in my other girls nest that is literally on the front porch like you have tostep over the nest to get down the steps all the eggs were gone all the eggs gone :(

but good news my black mallard girl laied 2 more eggs last night one blue ( also killed by crows but still in the nest) and another black one that i guess the crows didnt see so the black one is now in the incubator safe and sound.

bad news guys the black mallard egg was taken bye crows along with my other mallard eggs

i came home from school was pulling up into the drive way and looked by a tree " Thats a green egg" i said to my self and i then spead all the way up the drive way, i had put the egg in my other girls nest that is literally on the front porch like you have tostep over the nest to get down the steps all the eggs were gone all the eggs gone :(

but good news my black mallard girl laied 2 more eggs last night one blue ( also killed by crows but still in the nest) and another black one that i guess the crows didnt see so the black one is now in the incubator safe and sound.

Nooo! I'm glad you got another one!

lol yeah, i really need to add to my line but you know as well as i do that all the pure breed colored mallard lines (that you can trust) are mainly in europe
Yeah, If I am ever in a good spot for money after highschool, I am going to work hard to import some colored mallards. I think I will have mallards for the rest of my life. Just love the dang things!

Sorry to hear about the crows, only one sure way to take care of that problem, and its not legal in every state

Well l thy are beneficial too we dont have many Hawks since the crows chase them off

But yeah idk what to do I still have a year in highschool after this one and my farms not getting any bigger ( land mass wise ) so we might have to move it :/

Well l thy are beneficial too we dont have many Hawks since the crows chase them off

But yeah idk what to do I still have a year in highschool after this one and my farms not getting any bigger ( land mass wise ) so we might have to move it
hmm.png
Yeah I understand that, every creature has its place, but I would rather have hawks around. Crows eventually learn that ducks are a potential meal too. A friend of mine lost two runner ducks and two young cayuga ducks to a flock of crows. Thats pretty uncommon but its possible, crows are pretty bad on pigeons too. The scary thing about crows is that they are one of the smartest predator out there so its hard to get rid of them all together. I would rather have hawks, because I have them, and falcons......ALOT. My quail and pheasants are under netting so birds of prey arent an issue. But my ducks are sometimes free range but always in open top pens. Thats where my goose comes in handy. Hawks dont try anything as long as she is visible. Few years back my goose was hidden on a nest of eggs and my mallard drake got nailed by a hawk, that goose came off the nest so fast she broke several eggs. But she was quick enough that he lived through it all with only a broken wing and a big puncture hole in his side.

I still have 2 more years of highschool, I wont be able to expand until at least a year or so afterward. But I want some colored mallards BAD

Are they on the darker side of snowy, or the almost white side of snowy? I am the same way, I like snowy calls much better. I was offered some Apricot mallard/call's last year but they were only drakes and I didnt want hybrids

Back
Top Bottom