MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

i think they are both since lighter snowys are either older or have a larger line of blood while i think darker ones are younger and hold more color in a close relation blood line.

i think thats right i could be totally wrong

Last edited:
That sounds right, I think the closer to white ones are really pretty. Dont like pure white calls for some reason though. The lady I am getting mine from keeps calling them silvers, so It really threw me off at first, but I looked at them and they are blue. Which works great because I love the blue ones. Speaking of which, do you have any idea what color comes out when you cross blue with grey calls?

yesterday i went out and couldnt find my male mallard, i looked everywhere , he cant fly since i clipped his wings, hes just gone this is the third time its happened at first it was a rouen, then musocvy now my little baby
hit.gif

no trace of any of the ducks that have disappered no signs of struggle no blood no feathers nothing. idk what to do the predator protector detectors wont go off and my geese arent fighting whatever has been comeing around, idk what to do.

i know sad part is that i dint put them in the coop i was letting them free range for the night
hit.gif

i am a very free range farm mainly in the day then they usually go up at night and i lock everything up but i didnt put him up that night :(

Hi mallard people, could you help me out?
How loud are mallards compared to most ducks? compared to quiet breeds like Cayuga?
Also, are cats a threat to mallards during the daytime? And what if their wing feathers are clipped?
Thanks so much

@buff goose guy so sorry about your boy!

@dishrag my mallard girl was quite vocal anytime a car or person came up. She would also "talk" back at us if we said something to her, but other than that she was pretty quiet. On the cat note, Maggie thought she was a cat, and our cats just accepted her as their feathered overlord lol. It really just depends on the cat, usually they won't bother ducks or chickens.

Back
Top Bottom