MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Thanks. I had a feeling it was still too early. It only makes any sounds, not really a quack more of a quiet peep, when it's startled/frightened, or whenever I walk away after checking on them and have fed & watered them. Otherwise, not a sound. I can try to get a video of our Mallard making sounds tomorrow (4/9/2015).

Okay duck people-I have a question of my own- we finally got a letter saying the avian flu quarantine is over after over a month (yay!) in celebration we are getting week old mallard ducklings-my question to you is can you sing sex the like chicks? (Makes have one row of feathers on wings, females have two rows)? We need two males and two females and there isn't too much room for mistake and i don't want to risk it with vent sexing them since I'm inexperienced in that field

Okay duck people-I have a question of my own- we finally got a letter saying the avian flu quarantine is over after over a month (yay!) in celebration we are getting week old mallard ducklings-my question to you is can you sing sex the like chicks? (Makes have one row of feathers on wings, females have two rows)? We need two males and two females and there isn't too much room for mistake and i don't want to risk it with vent sexing them since I'm inexperienced in that field

no way to sex ducklings uness u vent sex and u should only do that from 1- to 4 days old. :) it better to get more than 4 for results of a higher female to male ratio 

Today is day 28 for my Mallard eggs. Mama duck is sitting tight this morning so I will cross my fingers and wait.

Back
Top Bottom