MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Silas is 2 months old. He made what we thought was a quack for a day maybe 3 days really. Now he has not made that sound in like 3 weeks to read so.

What is a black mallard can you please post pictures?

Our ducklings are about 2 months old. Our Buff duck makes a quacking sound while our Pekin and Mallard make raspy whistling sounds similar to a squeak toy that has a busted squeaker. Our Mallard is very quiet and rarely makes any kind of sound, but when it does make the raspy whistling sound it is extremely soft and very hard to hear. Our Pekin's raspy whistling is a bit louder, but it's still not as loud and talkative as our Buff duck! Lol

So do we have 2 drakes and 1 hen? Or is it still too early to tell? I've tried to get a video of them making noise, but the only one who doesn't clam up when I start recording is the Buff. The Mallard and Pekin just stare at me or walk away.
1f60f.png
Here are some pictures of our Mallard (some with our Pekin & Buff):

that chart is not reliable at all

in all my years i ave never seen a juvenil male look like hat or in the elcipse stage ive never seen a female look like that so dont trust it also sometimes bill color can change as maturity takes place

Wow that's a beautiful group! I am having so much fun with Silas, he/she goes everywhere with me! The reaction of people is so cool. I have good little duck. Thank you for all your help on the gender of my baby. Time will tell. But I do have a question, do male mallard drake stay the brown in color till maturity? Silas looks to be getting gray in the tail but no curl. Silas is just 2m so you say at 5-6m I will see the curl? I am trying to load a picture of Silas from this am but it is not loading anyone else ha e trouble with the mobile site?

Back
Top Bottom