MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Well, they are mallards - mallard shape, they can fly, lay eggs like mallards (the light blue is within the range of mallard egg color, I believe). That avatar looks like one to me.

Take a look at melissamerry's photo's - she has (or had) the Adventure Ducks - white mallards.

Last edited:
Happy dance! Possible identification!!!

Although if u do have white mallards you have to be careful

Many people clam to have white mallards when all they've done is bred a mallard and a white call duck or a pekin and a mallard , which results in a mixed breed and it is illegal to sell these mixed bred ducks under the title of mallards.

To sell them as pure bred white mallards u have to get them genetically tested as I had to do with my black mallards

Although if u do have white mallards you have to be careful

Many people clam to have white mallards when all they've done is bred a mallard and a white call duck or a pekin and a mallard , which results in a mixed breed and it is illegal to sell these mixed bred ducks under the title of mallards.

To sell them as pure bred white mallards u have to get them genetically tested as I had to do with my black mallards
My ducks are mine. I don't sell or give away. I wanted to know what Peep is, just because. I've given friends eggs, refrigerated, to eat. With the exception of my shepherd, every animal in my home is adopted and had suffered abuse or neglect.... My animals stay with me.

This morning I went out to check on my two ducks the Pekin and the Mallard. the first thing I noticed was that the Pekin was all alone so I looked and the Pekin was covered in scratches then I found one single spot of feathers and blood, then I looked again and under the propane tank a couple yards away I found my Mallard and its head was ripped off and I can't find the head. What animal would do this????

This morning I went out to check on my two ducks the Pekin and the Mallard. the first thing I noticed was that the Pekin was all alone so I looked and the Pekin was covered in scratches then I found one single spot of feathers and blood, then I looked again and under the propane tank a couple yards away I found my Mallard and its head was ripped off and I can't find the head. What animal would do this????

aww thats aweful, racoons have a tendency to take any part they can and sadly ive lost ducks this way the racoon simply takes the head not sticking around to find out what happens

aww thats aweful, racoons have a tendency to take any part they can and sadly ive lost ducks this way the racoon simply takes the head not sticking around to find out what happens 
Ya this raccoon won't get away with this my yard if full of traps and my duck is at a friends house hanging out with his flock. Sadly my ducks dead body had to be used as bait :(((

Back
Top Bottom