MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

0.jpg

Here he is! In HD!

Aww he is gorgeous and looks healthy, but makes me so sad to see him like this, I am happy he made his way to your home though maybe he'll stick around. Thanks so much for sharing him and the others.

Aww he is gorgeous and looks healthy, but makes me so sad to see him like this, I am happy he made his way to your home though maybe he'll stick around. Thanks so much for sharing him and the others.

He is very pretty indeed and so sweet, too. The ducks awaited me this morning for food and he was present and later this afternoon he came flying for food again (with the others). But when he landed I thought he got his bill stuck in the dirt. Ouch! My ducks are nice to him, there were two other drakes (one being Zorro's boyfriend - omg my girl has all grown up!) that were nice to him but then Donsje's (the white duck from my profile pic) partner Badr attacked him. Badr is a very nasty drake he even abuses Donsje.
Poor guy! I dont see a stub. Im thinking he was born that way!?

Maybe, but even healthy ducklings have a very small chance of survival. I did see something move under the feathers when he tried to scratch his bill with the missing leg... :C

Beautiful mallards, love the hens. If he were over here, I'd guess his leg got caught in a steel trap and cut off, but I doubt traps like that are common in Holland at all. Hopefully he has a good life, seems his hardest time will be to get through summer moult when he loses his ability to fly.

Thank you. Traps are banned I believe, although that doesn't mean they're not used. He doesn't look very unhappy, I really hope he sticks around. There should be plenty of food during moulting time but it will still suck for him

These are my new babies..after some reading im pretty sure i have mallards or at least a mix breed.they are great and the drake lets me hold him and pet him.any info on them would be helpful if they are in fact not mallards..either way i love them and they make a great addition to my little family

The black mallards have done wonderfully there cousins outside have also been growing very well and I have one other odd colored mallard now that it is fully molted out with no chest coloration

Here he is Idk why my mallards are developing strange patterns but I'm not complaining . Anyway nixie the black mallard that shows the gene is getting some mallard pattern on her underbelly and under her wings I'll get a picture today
But her sister spunky shows no sign or being black and has the same coloring as their half siblings and cousins outside

Back
Top Bottom