MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

There not really eating the pellets. And the veggies I think the boy ate some. I worried on my girl she can't see she partally blind and I need her to eat. She loves her tub and wants to sleep in the water.

There not really eating the pellets. And the veggies I think the boy ate some. I worried on my girl she can't see she partally blind and I need her to eat. She loves her tub and wants to sleep in the water.

Can you set up a bright light she could see, or perhaps wind chimes or a small quiet noisemaker near her food so she knows where it is?

I only have the heat light in there now. But it's attached to the gate I can't move it. It's plugged into the outside light outside. Wind chimes. I not sure where to put it at moment. But it could be a possibility later on when we get the in closer done and built. I can start looking around for one.

I only have the heat light in there now. But it's attached to the gate I can't move it. It's plugged into the outside light outside. Wind chimes. I not sure where to put it at moment. But it could be a possibility later on when we get the in closer done and built. I can start looking around for one.
In the meantime, it seems to me you need to be more hands-on involved with making sure she gets to food and water and that she drinks and has a chance to rinse herself off in some decent water. Her life depends on you.

I know. That's why I have contacted the original owner. I am going to pick up another female these weekend from them. I go out there. But she gets really scared. So my thought is sinces she is close to these flock already and is dependent on male so much another female she already knows might be able to help her. My other thought is to get more dear netting open back gate to front. Where the garden is and allow her to pick through it some each day. It least expensive to do. Just secure it with staples around so wild cats can't get to them. My chickens and rabbits need it also.

I don't, NathanZee, our boy is not in nuptial plumage right now, and we don't incubate the eggs from his girls..When they can get outside on a mild day, though, he does mate with them.

Back
Top Bottom