MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

This is my mallard drake Odette, a.k.a the apple of my eye!
love.gif

It changes color in different lightning, like it's yeallow in orange light and greenish in white light. I raised him from an egg so he thinks he's a little human,I even have a stroller for him!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7292592/width/200/height/400[/IMG)
[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7292596/width/200/height/400

My donald and daisy waiting on dad to feed them worms. And you can see they have been digging in the mud! Gotta love em!

Here's some pictures! I'll have to take some news ones. They have already feathered out even more! Although he/she has feathered out on the head, right now looks female, but I know that will change if it is a drake. Theres a green sheen to the Black stripe. Not sure if thats a clue or just how the black shines.

Thanks! :)

Sorry for the really late reply, I was on vacation. I think it is a male too! I go mainly by the covert tail feathers, the color is darker on males.

Got a mallard question.. So my two boys who I got at 6months are finally starting to get used to us! Max let me pet him, they've ventured into the garage, and they come within inches without getting spooked! But Max has started one weird behavior, when Me or my boyfriend walk by him, he lowers his head and body and follows/chases after us quickly! I can't tell if he's following, chasing or trying to attack!! Has anyone else's Drakes done this!? Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
Got a mallard question.. So my two boys who I got at 6months are finally starting to get used to us! Max let me pet him, they've ventured into the garage, and they come within inches without getting spooked! But Max has started one weird behavior, when Me or my boyfriend walk by him, he lowers his head and body and follows/chases after us quickly! I can't tell if he's following, chasing or trying to attack!! Has anyone else's Drakes done this!? Thanks for the advice!
That's great they are getting more friendly! Does he open his bill when he does it? He is probably trying to chase you, why I don't know. I have a runner drake that constantly runs after me, grabs onto my shoes or pants and drags behind me while I walk. But a lot of the other ducks lower their heads at each other as you described, just to show who is dominant I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom