MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

My question is: I got my boy and one of my girls a little over a month 1/2 ago. We got them to lay on eggs to hatch chicken eggs and duck eggs. So I can spend my time with my son planting food cutting cost in summer time. And one of the hens went very boody a week and 1/2 ago. Like I side there has been an ant issue. We tried diatomaceous earth. Today I kicked her out of nest to fix it I concerned for baby's she broke 3 eggs in struggle no development .at all . Inside incubator with there eggs same issues we had issues keeping humidity stable inside. If you spay them it goes up to humidity 70-80 inside temp 80 with upgraded fan inside on both incubators. But outside shouldn't there have been progress.

What incubator is it? If the eggs are only 1.5 weeks old the humidity should be 40-45%. Chicken eggs have 21 days incubation time and duck eggs 28 days. 80 degrees is too low for eggs, my incubator has a fan and is on 99.5 degrees of Fahrenheit. If the eggs are clear when you candle them you can just toss them away because you should really be seeing something by now.

I dunno what that earth is but I use cinnamon to keep ants away because if I have to use poison I have to place a fence around it. So the pets are safe. I would wait untill te ants are gone before you try brooding under the duck again.

Diatomaceous earth food grade. Is what we where told to put around the chickens dogs and ducks in garden and we will have to do poisons on the other side of wall.but because it's not my property on vaccent lot next door. I had to get permission written and spoken to protect all partys

Hey all! Question, my mallard drakes are starting to molt. Is it normal for their green heads to molt?! My beautiful boys are looking quite haggard! Any advise is appreciated!

Hey all! Question, my mallard drakes are starting to molt. Is it normal for their green heads to molt?! My beautiful boys are looking quite haggard! Any advise is appreciated!
Yep, their heads will become brown with dark lines over the eyes. One of my mallard drakes has lost his wings, and his head is no longer green. I'll show a picture soon.

What are these its between a mallard or a rouens not sure got them from tractor supply

Back
Top Bottom