MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Right know I have the incubators outside in front plunged in. I have 1 gallon of water in each of them.1 cup bleach in each of them. I don't usually add alcohol rubbing 70% isopropyl alcohol what else do I need going to fumigate the incubators. It was so bad last time. It's going to take more then bleach and water and sun.

Little giant at temp 188.8 f humidity 88% on read on top. My little extra hydrometer our not in it at moment. Pro series 90 90 it's as far as it goes on settings. Vents closed on both. Their outside for my sons safety he has bad respotory issues. I can not run my nebulizers outside at moment not enough plugs. What else do I do and do I run them like they our tell 5 pm when partner gets home.

What setting did you have your heating pad on low medium high. I put it down laid the towel over it put the nesting box on top of that. I didn't want duck to eat the cord. I still hope they don't eat the cord coming up out of dog house up to the extension cord. The heat lamp only hit snowflakes eggs. Not hopes eggs so I gave hope my heating pad. It's on low. We lost another egg not developed at all.

Sorry been tied up last couple of days. Sick child and sick bunny. Trying to figure out best options to puncher an abscess or pay thousand dollar vet bill. Worryed about infections.

I have my first ever broody mama duck :) we couldnt find her the other day and thought maybe a predator got her. But with a little searching, we found her behind the pool. We had it blocked off, but she got past the wood and brick barrier and dragged straw all the way back there. She started sitting yesterday and wouldnt come off the nest. Eeeeeeeeeeep!

So what do i do with a broody duck? I know what not to do, and thats bother her. She will be left completely alone. But do i need to provide food for her back there? Its a pretty tight fit. Will she get off and eat at least once a day?

Ohmygosh she is SO cute. She should come off daily to eat, drink and poop and take a quick bath. I wouldn't feed her back there, she will likely search for food on the place where she usually eats :)

Back
Top Bottom