MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

My wildtype mallard sisters hatched their first clutch of eggs today! Im so stoked lol

Thank you! The mallards are 9 weeks old, the chickens are 5 weeks old, and the Pekin,Cayuga, and Crested duck are 4 weeks old. Yeah Solo is really good about hawks if he sees them he runs after them! So that's good
smile.png
. Well he does that for all birds.

Wonderful! How many are there? Are they pure mallard or crossbreeds?

They're most likely cross breeds. They look silver, not black, so definitely not pure mallard. I have one pure mallard drake, but the father could also be a welsh harlequin or a mallard/runner cross. The runner Cross always hangs out with those two girls so he's most likely the sire.

I have no idea how many there are because they won't get up, lol. Probably at least four or five judging by the empty shells. I can't wait to see them up and about!

Thank you! The mallards are 9 weeks old, the chickens are 5 weeks old, and the Pekin,Cayuga, and Crested duck are 4 weeks old. Yeah Solo is really good about hawks if he sees them he runs after them! So that's good
smile.png
. Well he does that for all birds.
Oh, okay. I'm not too good at judging chicken ages! That's great!

They're most likely cross breeds. They look silver, not black, so definitely not pure mallard. I have one pure mallard drake, but the father could also be a welsh harlequin or a mallard/runner cross. The runner Cross always hangs out with those two girls so he's most likely the sire.

I have no idea how many there are because they won't get up, lol. Probably at least four or five judging by the empty shells. I can't wait to see them up and about!
Cool! The one I can see in that picture looks like my Mallard/Buff duckling, its a mallard pattern but more grayish/blue.

The one on the left.

Back
Top Bottom