MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

I just saw another one, it looked mostly yellow with a very faint mallard pattern. Much lighter colored than the silver one. Oh they're so cute! It's so exciting!
Wow that sounds really similiar to my OTHER Mallard/Buff cross!

Does the one in the middle look similiar? It's not a great picture, but it does have faint eyestripes, as you can see in the second picture which is more recent.

Wow that sounds really similiar to my OTHER Mallard/Buff cross! Does the one in the middle look similiar? It's not a great picture, but it does have faint eyestripes, as you can see in the second picture which is more recent.
Here I'll show you. Six babies total, one egg that may yet hatch. One black wild type, two silvers and three goldens.

Last edited:
Do you know how many Mallard colorations there are? I want to get a different colored Mallard next year.
Countless! In the U.S though the varieties are slightly more limited, but in Europe there are a lot more from what I've heard. I'm thinking about creating a line of Apricot Mallards, they are a beautiful color!

Here I'll show you. Six babies total, one egg that may yet hatch. One black wild type, two silvers and three goldens.

SO CUTE!
love.gif
I am guessing the 3 goldens are females, the two silvers are males, and no idea on the other. But I could be wrong. Its just that my gold and silver ducklings are sex-linked, so I would guess these are too.

Countless! In the U.S though the varieties are slightly more limited, but in Europe there are a lot more from what I've heard. I'm thinking about creating a line of Apricot Mallards, they are a beautiful color!

SO CUTE! :love  I am guessing the 3 goldens are females, the two silvers are males, and no idea on the other. But I could be wrong. Its just that my gold and silver ducklings are sex-linked, so I would guess these are too.

That would be awesome! I was looking into apricot wood ducks. But they are some what hard to find.
1f633.png
let me know if you do that. I would like to get one from you!
263a.png

That would be awesome! I was looking into apricot wood ducks. But they are some what hard to find.
1f633.png
263a.png
Oh, those are beautiful too! I will, but it could take some time. Right now I have two ducklings, one is a Blue Fawn drake, the other is technically a Buff Lilac something, and crossing them together will produce some Apricots, along with a lot of other colors. But these are only half mallard, so it would be a few generations until they looked completely mallard like. But if you don't mind that they are a little chubby,
big_smile.png
maybe next year I would have some for sale, Idk.

Do you know how many Mallard colorations there are? I want to get a different colored Mallard next year.

There are numerous number of mallard colors the hard thing to do is to find pure bred mallards. If you ever find other colors of mallards YOU have to ask for proof of Lineage and probably some genetic test done showing that the mallards are pure. These collections can costs hundreds to thousands of dollars ( anything less than $100 is probably a mixed breed )

For instance I have melanistic mallards ( which is a mallard that looks to be all black) they are 100% pure bred I have both proof of lineage and genetic test done,

SO CUTE! :love  I am guessing the 3 goldens are females, the two silvers are males, and no idea on the other. But I could be wrong. Its just that my gold and silver ducklings are sex-linked, so I would guess these are too.

1f633.png
263a.png

To create a line you need a random mutation or to start from scratch and breed for one specific trait that will give it a chance to mutate.

1f633.png
263a.png

Oh, those are beautiful too! I will, but it could take some time. Right now I have two ducklings, one is a Blue Fawn drake, the other is technically a Buff Lilac something, and crossing them together will produce some Apricots, along with a lot of other colors. But these are only half mallard, so it would be a few generations until they looked completely mallard like. But if you don't mind that they are a little chubby, :D  maybe next year I would have some for sale, Idk. 

They will always be mixed breed in a genetic test it will show up for many decades( we are talking close to 100 years here ) before it shows the bird is then pure bred

Oh, those are beautiful too! I will, but it could take some time. Right now I have two ducklings, one is a Blue Fawn drake, the other is technically a Buff Lilac something, and crossing them together will produce some Apricots, along with a lot of other colors. But these are only half mallard, so it would be a few generations until they looked completely mallard like. But if you don't mind that they are a little chubby, :D  maybe next year I would have some for sale, Idk. 

Interesting. I don't care if they are chubby
263a.png
. Okay!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom