MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

She has 5 brown and 5 black ducklings, not sure how that happened
That is the way my babies are. I have one dark and 2 lighter. We are unsure as to if they are true mallards since the mommy was never found. Some have suggested they are actually a hybrid. If you come up with any answers as to how you go the lighter colors, let me know!

Last edited:
I LOVE YOU.  'because he is fancy like that" is hilarious.  Winnie is adorable.  He is big.  Look at him facing the camera.  He knows he's being photo'd and that he is so cute.  Minni Me and Ultra Zorro.  I love the roundness of them.  And their faces.  Ducks are so unique in the face department.  So much character and sweetness.  

I love the pool pics of Zorro and her kids and Julie and hers.  Do you think then that Zorro's babies are from two different dads hence the difference in the coloring?  Are the fathers known?  

What is so cute and funny for me is the thing you have draped over the pool's edge so that the babies and their webs can get in and out of pool so that they can swim when they want and get out when they want.  

I don't really know how you can handle all the cuteness all the time.  I'd probably have to quit my job just to never miss a moment with my ducks.

Winnie has grown so much. Mini Me is still the smallest. Just like her mum, Zorro. I didn't really see Zorro much after she left Ulta Zorro and Mini Me (whoops misspeld her name before). But I think she had all of them from another drake.

It's a bath math and they love it. The little ones line up on it. I really need to get a photo of that. But the camera will focus on the fence so it's difficult.

The cuteness is overwhelming. It's too much.

That is the way my babies are. I have one dark and 2 lighter. We are unsure as to if they are true mallards since the mommy was never found. Some have suggested they are actually a hybrid. If you come up with any answers as to how you go the lighter colors, let me know!
Your ducklings are so cute! Have they got any names? I read your thread before and I was so surprised to see Zorro have ducklings like yours! There are no obvious domestic ducks here, and I don't think Zorro would be interested in them. However, there was a mallard whose colours look "muted", blue-gray on the back and light brown on the sides. He might have inherited his look from a domestic duck, I don't know. I see lots of different ducks around in the ditches and parks in my town. I'm very curious to see what the ducklings will grow up into :D

Your ducklings are so cute! Have they got any names? I read your thread before and I was so surprised to see Zorro have ducklings like yours! There are no obvious domestic ducks here, and I don't think Zorro would be interested in them. However, there was a mallard whose colours look "muted", blue-gray on the back and light brown on the sides. He might have inherited his look from a domestic duck, I don't know. I see lots of different ducks around in the ditches and parks in my town. I'm very curious to see what the ducklings will grow up into :D

The dark one is Crackers, the middle one is Waddles, and the bottom in Tubby. I think it is Waddles that is making a real quaking sound. It's hard to tell though because Waddles and Tubby always stand so close.
No one around me had Ducks either. We are pretty far or into the county, but who knows. Every day, all day, I watch for changes in them. "Is there anything new to give me a hint as to what they are going to be?" lol I really had to clue ducks were so much fun.

The top one is a Mallard. There is a wild duck breed that will lay eggs in other ducks nests.

The dark one is Crackers, the middle one is Waddles, and the bottom in Tubby. I think it is Waddles that is making a real quaking sound. It's hard to tell though because Waddles and Tubby always stand so close.
No one around me had Ducks either. We are pretty far or into the county, but who knows. Every day, all day, I watch for changes in them. "Is there anything new to give me a hint as to what they are going to be?" lol I really had to clue ducks were so much fun.

I have a picture of a possible dad.. Gonna get on the computer to upload!

Edit:

Might have spoiled what they're gonna look like now. But there are more possible dads. Zorro had to go with the exotic one, ofcourse

Crackers, Waddles & Tubby are so sweet! Are they getting feathers yet?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom