MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

@NathanZee I don't know if you remember, but I think you were right when you suggested my mixed mallard ducklings could be sex linked about a month or so ago. I have been observing the sounds each one makes and I noticed the three golds are all starting to make girls sounds and the three silvers are starting to make boy sounds. I suspect the black one is a boy too. Anyways, just wanted to say good call! Lol

Last edited:
@NathanZee I don't know if you remember, but I think you were right when you suggested my mixed mallard ducklings could be sex linked about a month or so ago. I have been observing the sounds each one makes and I noticed the three golds are all starting to make girls sounds and the three silvers are starting to make boy sounds. I suspect the black one is a boy too. Anyways, just wanted to say good call! Lol

Yep, I do! Glad to see I didn't mislead you! They look beautiful! Who were their parents?

Yep, I do! Glad to see I didn't mislead you! They look beautiful! Who were their parents?

Their mom(s) are my full mallard sisters and I suspect their father was the mallardxrunner mix I used to have. They're very pretty. I hope we can get the duck pool set up soon cuz I know how much young ducks just love water. We haven't gotten it set up again since we moved. Been too busy!

Didn't you have some mallardxbuff ducklings? I just love mutt ducks lol.

Their mom(s) are my full mallard sisters and I suspect their father was the mallardxrunner mix I used to have. They're very pretty. I hope we can get the duck pool set up soon cuz I know how much young ducks just love water. We haven't gotten it set up again since we moved. Been too busy!

Didn't you have some mallardxbuff ducklings? I just love mutt ducks lol.
Oh cool. Do you have any pics of the dad?

Yes, and they look extremely similiar to yours.

I only have one mallard it is now 21 days old, when can it be introduced to other ducks? It is scared of other ducks right now. It freaks out if I leave the room so I don't know what to do.

I let out all the ducklings. Donsje was so happy to be free again even though her eye is still hurt. Her eyelid is damaged and irritating her eye. My mum tried to treat it but it only improved a little bit. She had also been limping for the past few weeks but that's a lot better now she swims all day. I guess it's just old age?

Zorro is free now too the poop smell got really bad and because the tiny duckling was finally big enough I opened the fences. They stayed in the yard all day.. they needed some motivation to get into the ditch. Which they loved by the way.

Don't have any pictures now because my dad took his laptop and camera with him :<

Oh yeah and Julie and her 9 babies are really bold they come to the door squeaking loudly and looking at me with their cheeky faces x)

Winnie is really getting a big boy now he gets new feathers on his chest. They're gray uh-oh.. Billy is also hanging out with Winnie, Mini Me and UltraZorro :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom