MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

I am so sorry!
hit.gif
I let Zorro and her babies ou when they were 3 weeks old and I really thought they were big enough and then a week later she came home with only 9...
hit.gif
She lost a brown one. I should have come looking for them more often but I really thought they were big enough.

I haven't seen them since Monday but they look a lot like the darker ones, just the inside part of their feathers is lighter. I will make pictures when they come home.

I'm trying to figure out the sex of a huge bunch of ducks. If one has been quacking for a while and the other is silent he probably is a boy.

One of Donsje's babies had been limping and last week I noticed he had a piece of net stuck around his leg. A piece of MY net, I feel so bad! I never noticed before! My brother helped to take it off and the duckling is walking so much better now, I can't even tell which one it was. And Donsje is no longer limping and still visiting every day. The babies are very cheeky, standing in front of the door demanding food.

Julie is visiting with her kids too, they are so big now. I counted them today and missed one, but maybe he is exploring on his own?
sad.png

:( I'm sorry you lost one too. I keep wondering what my darker one would look like now - or when it got older. I'm glad the one with the netting around its leg is feeling better. Now that I have ducks, I am much more conscious about what is laying around. I never liked a lot of debris hanging around anyway but now EVERYWHERE I go see stuff on the ground and I'm like, "Oh, some duck could try to eat that!" or "Ack - that's going to kill a duck!" and pick it up. LOL.

Zorro babies:

4 are brown, 4 are normal colour and one is very dark (like Mini Me)

Julie babies:

I can't tell them apart but I think she has 6 boys and only 3 girls.. They look a lot like Julie and some look like dad in his eclipse

Donsje and babies

Donsje is in eclipse. I tried finding the blue feathers but I only found a few

I get a lot of "Duck-Face" ducks standing in front of the door. My dad doesn't want them in the backyard anymore because of the poop
sad.png
They fight a lot, too. Especially Donsje.

And some older pictures!

Kroelie with her baby wings (she's so pretty
love.gif
)

Zorro and babies having a blast! Around 3 weeks old

Donsje on the day of her release

Billy, Winnie, UltraZorro and Mini Me

A duck family that also wants free food. The brown duckling is a girl and she limps. The black duckling is her big brother. They had a lot of fights with Julie's family

My buns! They got fences in their yard, were attacked by ducks and got their grass destroyed. I did build them a tent though

It's been a while since I posted on here!
ep.gif

The Mallards turned 6 months old today. The ducks got a new coop. Pippin and Merry are paird up, hoping to get ducklings form Merry soon! Here are some pics.

Pippin.

The coop.

Samwise.

Merry and Pippin.

Samwise.

Pippin.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I posted on here!:eek: The Mallards turned 6 months old today. The ducks got a new coop. Pippin and Merry are paird up, hoping to get ducklings form Merry soon! Here are some pics. Pippin. The coop. Samwise. Merry and Pippin. Samwise. Pippin.
Are they wild or domestic breed

Back
Top Bottom