MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Just thought I'd mention, I don't recommend getting adult mallard ducks if you plan to free range them or have them in an open run. I have one mallard hen right now, who I raised from a duckling, and she has never gone anywhere but our property. The other mallards which I bought as adults all flew off, except one whos wings I clipped, but he got eaten because I failed to notice he didn't go into the duck house. I've had my mallard hen accidentally stay out at night and she has been fine, although I prefer the safety of a duck house or a pond.

Sorry you had to sell your ducks. I see many odd coloured mallards in the ditches and on ponds. Including my ducks and their children. I feed them all. I even had a drake with a leg band show up. But I doubt he is a pet. He didn't eat the pellets at first. But my Kroelie and Eduard are the only ladies with white chest so they are extra special

]

hnggg gotta make some new pictures soon

I sadly had to sell all my birds last year becasue of family problems. So the only birds i see at the moment are the one at the local ponds! But there are some odd mallards there too!
Gorgeous! The white and the blue fawn below it definitely have Call mixed in them... head shape, roundness to the body, stance... that's Call influence... :)
My mallards are from wild stock and I had a melanistic mutation. Now I have 5 melanistic birds from breeding the first melanistic female I had.
I saw you did get a male!! Awesome, buff!! Congrats!! :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom