MALLARD THREAD...not rouens, Mallards!

Malllaaarddsssss (there is a debate about these mallards atm, its forbidden to feed them but most of them are from farms that breed mallards for hunting. We have problem with people buying eggs from mallards from other warmer countries and that messes up how far they move in the winter etc)

(alot of these farms that breeds for hunting have white and other mutations, most common is white!)

Last edited:
There is no call ducks at the location, duck dumping is not common in sweden (thank god!) and as i said before its close to a farm where they breed real wild mallards with mutations. Im pretty sure they are from that place. She have over 1000 mallards, mostly wild colored but also alot of mutation such as white and fawn etc. I really cant see what you say call duck influenses in these 2 and ive had several call x mallard mixes, as people have been pointing out in this thread before the mallards in sweden seems to be different to mallards in for example America. For example this pure snowy mallard male: He kinda have a rounded head and rounded body, but i bought him from this woman who 20 years ago got 10 pure wild mallard eggs and hatched them and one turned out white. Now 20 years later she have hundreds of mallards with colors mutations, and she havnt been taking in new blood herself under these years except wild mallards. (Every year she drives away with a truck and releases like 100 of the mallards in the wild, kinda close to the pond where the white and fawn one is, and most of them directly fly back to her farm) Hard to say if the "call influenses" is from 20 years of breeding, nothing else is mixed in, and i guess that can change the genes etc? Most of the wild mallards in sweden have "round" bodies etc.
I just said that because body shape and type just look so similar to my pet quality Calls... like my Io, for example...

I sadly had to sell all my birds last year becasue of family problems. So the only birds i see at the moment are the one at the local ponds! But there are some odd mallards there too!
Gorgeous! The white and the blue fawn below it definitely have Call mixed in them... head shape, roundness to the body, stance... that's Call influence... :)
My mallards are from wild stock and I had a melanistic mutation. Now I have 5 melanistic birds from breeding the first melanistic female I had.
I saw you did get a male!! Awesome, buff!! Congrats!! :highfive:
Thanks:) this summer I will have my first melanistic breeding pair :D I'm so excited

My mallards are from wild stock and I had a melanistic mutation. Now I have 5 melanistic birds from breeding the first melanistic female I had.

Yaay! Fantastic! :D

Thanks :) , I have also finally found another source of melanistic mallards, the woman lives in Louisiana and has genetic and blood tests to prove her birds' breeding in so happy I might just go and get a few babies from her. But she sells them double the price of mine at 4,000 dollars per bird.

A new person on here Pinoak ridge has some pure bred silver mallards I believe.

Also speaking of snowy mallards , there is a big debate regarding them. A lot of them are actually mixed breeds being sold as pure breds , WHICH REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS! That's why before buying any kind of colored mallard be sure to have a pedigree and/or a blood test paper showing authenticity.

Also speaking of snowy mallards , there is a big debate regarding them. A lot of them are actually mixed breeds being sold as pure breds , WHICH REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS! That's why before buying any kind of colored mallard be sure to have a pedigree and/or a blood test paper showing authenticity.
Yeah, sick how some of people KNOW that their ducks are mix breeds but still sells them as pure. Makes me mad.

Ohh if that really makes you mad listen to this,

I found a "hatchery" that said they sell chocolate mallards. You can imagine how excited i was, so i asked for a pedigree and blood test, they said they didnt have those things. Then i asked if the birds were pure. They said "Yes" then I asked ok then how did you get this coloring?

Their answer:

"I mixed a call duck with a mallard"

I lost everything i was so angry, I told them that they were selling a false product and could be criminalized for it, and that what they were doing was terrible and all this stuff,

Long story short they never replied after I told them this, but their site is still up.

Speaking of Mallard crosses, here are a few of mine.

All three hens are excellent fliers and circle many times over the property everyday with their Mallard dad, but the drake doesn't fly quite as much.

My Mallard/Khaki Campbell hen

My two Mallard/Buff Orpington hens

And my Buff/Mallard drake. He isn't related to the hens.

Back
Top Bottom