Malpositioned pip, help ASAP please.

amynrichie

Songster
7 Years
Jan 29, 2013
Nebraska Panhandle
I am on day 21 for my shipped eggs. I decided to hatch upright in cut down cartons after doing some reading. Tonight, I took the two dried chicks out due to crowding, and did a quick pick up and check of eggs that I could not see a pip on. I found two eggs with pips on the wrong end. At this point would they be safer laying down, or left in the carton. I haven't even contemplated assisting yet, but will keep a close eye on these two. What actions would lead to the best outcome?

Edit: Both are still chirping

Thanks!
Amy

Last edited:
Here are pictures of both eggs:

Mine pipped on the side some time last night. still waiting for it to zip. there is still movement in the egg but not much progress with the PIP it broke through the outside shell of the egg but looks to be the membrane is still intact

Very true.  I've had one pipped since last night, this is my first experience with a wrong end.  Is that more common with shipped eggs?

I can't say, I have hatched plenty of my own eggs and had plenty of wrong end pips can't say I have noticed any increase in shipped egg hatches, but detached air sacks (quite common in shipped eggs) could likely aggravate the issue...

Back
Top Bottom