Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

Yes ma'am, I'll be more than happy to share my little experiment! Should have the brooder together this weekend! Then it'll be the wait for the perfect little babes! Thank you so much for your work in this post!!

Yes ma'am, I'll be more than happy to share my little experiment! Should have the brooder together this weekend! Then it'll be the wait for the perfect little babes! Thank you so much for your work in this post!!
You are very welcome, but it's a group effort, believe me! By this time next year you'll be answering questions and helping people out!

I would say that @duluthralphie is probably dealing with ROUSes. Rodents of unusual size, Ralphie do you live near a fire swamp?

Carrie

O NO, not that!!! My husband and daughter quote that movie ALL the time!
lol.png

Last edited:
I've heard of those....mouseasauruses.

@CuriousChicken
 Um. you are going to busy busy!  I didn't see your post earlier or I would have responded...been kinda in over my head today.  That's a lot of heating pads.  Think I'll call my stockbroker, Uncle Vinnie, and have him buy me some Sunbeam stock.  One thing I'd change - have the lettered side of the heating pad facing down. It's warmer than the fuzzy side.

Edited...oops, never mind..you do have it that way.  Old eyes.

Yes, very busy breeding birds for exhibition the first year which means I am hatching all that is laid to increase our quality of SOP as fast as possible. Plus increasing the color of eggs in my layer flock and hatching chicks for friends.

Just picked up my peppers this morning. 2 Buckeyes and a (supposedly French) Black Copper Marans. They took to the heating pad like ducks to water. Here's a pick of them.
They are so content under there. I got the call that they arrived at our local feed store, a day early. I was running my Fedx route in town so I headed right over, brought them home and put them under the pad for about half minute, they pretty much stopped chirping by that point, and that was it. I tossed a little food in there with them, then felt pretty comfortable heading back out on my route, leaving them alone. Sure enough, I came home and not a sound from them. Looked like an empty cage. I could see the got to the water.and food, This system is fantastic. I feel like burning my bra haha. No more brodder lamps!! Ever!!

Oh Blooie,
Next week is the week! I am most excited as my really good chicks from a selective breeder are due to us next week. Setting up a momma bird system for them in my brooder room. I am hoping for BABIES WHO DONT KNOW A LAMP!!! I am also going to test on ducks in June. As soon as I get pics I will send them on!!!

Cute, cute, cute! Your dues are indeed paid! Ain't it grand, @eagrbeavr ? Sure simplifies life and "the chicks really dig it." (I've been wanting to say that for a year - managed to refrain until just now. Sigh)

Oh Blooie,
Next week is the week! I am most excited as my really good chicks from a selective breeder are due to us next week. Setting up a momma bird system for them in my brooder room. I am hoping for BABIES WHO DONT KNOW A LAMP!!! I am also going to test on ducks in June. As soon as I get pics I will send them on!!!
Gee, sure can't tell if your excited or not!
wink.png
I think you'll be very happy. Ken asked me this afternoon where the heat lamp was - he was working in one little corner of the garage and didn't want to break out the Big Buddy so he thought he'd just plug that in. He had to break out the Big Buddy anyway.....I have no clue where the heat lamp is, and I LIKE it that way!

Back
Top Bottom