Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder (Picture Heavy) - UPDATE

So my MHP is set up and 15 chicks under it.....and its freaking me out LOL-I have never had chicks so quiet before. I know its a fabulous thing but I keep peeking to make sure they aren't smothering in the pine shavings etc. :)

It's wonderful how peaceful they are, isn't it!

When you have a few days into this, you'll be peaceful too!

Quote:
Once my "kiddos" were brooding in the pen in the barn, I have sometimes literally layed down on the floor in an angle that I can see them under there and talk w/them if they haven't already come out.
giggle.gif

When I've had them in a box w/sides I've tipped up the heater on occasion to peek and be sure they aren't piling on top of each other. [Be sure they can get in/out from all sides - or at least front and back - of the heater so they don't get stuck in there!]

Once my "kiddos" were brooding in the pen in the barn, I have sometimes literally layed down on the floor in an angle that I can see them under there and talk w/them if they haven't already come out.
giggle.gif

When I've had them in a box w/sides I've tipped up the heater on occasion to peek and be sure they aren't piling on top of each other. [Be sure they can get in/out from all sides - or at least front and back - of the heater so they don't get stuck in there!]
I took a vacation day today to be home and watch these lil bundles of cuteness! Also getting ready for delivery of bees :) Pics of my MHP and chicks
Snuggled under MHP and peeking out at the new world

and one just for cuteness

Back
Top Bottom