Mandarin Ducklings for sale - PICK UP ONLY!!!

TurtleFeathers

Fear the Turtle!
15 Years
Jan 9, 2009
By the Chesapeake Bay
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK BUY IT NOW!!!! Just PM me instead - I'd like this ad to stay up for the entire week!

I have two separate clutches of mandarin ducklings available - the first hatched on May 25th, and the second on May 27th. All ducklings are eating, drinking, lively and cute as can be!!! All are normal colored, but males *MAY* be split to white - there is no way to tell for sure until they have ducklings of their own. Right now, they are too young to visually sex, but I can try to vent sex them - however, I don't have much experience with this method, so there are no guarantees! They are $30 each or two for $50 - I have 12 left that need homes.

Since mandarins are a wild species (from China), they are known to be skittish, but with routine handling from a young age, they can learn to trust humans. They are not your typical barnyard duck, and in most cases cannot be free ranged - a large covered walk-in aviary or pen is preferred, otherwise, they're prone to escape. They are strong flyers and like to perch up high - and they're quite active on the ground, too, so the more room they have to move around and fly, the better. Small cages will not suit their need for space, but since mandarins are considered "puddle ducks", they don't require huge, in-ground ponds - mine do well with baby pools or large mortar tubs for swimming.

I find that mandarins are not only beautiful, but they're small, quiet and easy keepers as long as their space requirements are met. Mine were alittle older when I got them, so they never fully imprinted on me - although they will accept food from my hand, they are a "look but don't touch" type pet. I feed them game bird starter year round, supplemented by greens, shredded veggies and insects.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post here or PM me directly. Sorry, no shipping - pickup only!

Ducklings:

20890_033.jpg

Newly hatched duckling:

20890_003.jpg

Eggs in the nest box:

20890_305.jpg

Normal colored pair:

20890_308.jpg

Normal split to white drake, white hen:

20890_262.jpg

Last edited:
oh I wish I was visiting down there soon! I have a friend in Va, and she's right on the Chesapeake bay.We usually visit in August or November... Where are you? I have 5 new Mandarin babies, but really hope to get some white ones or split to white sometime!
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom