March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I candled today and 15 out of 16 were fertile, plus one quitter. So there are 14 eggs developing at the moment. -10 days to the hatch:jumpy Can't wait for the fluffyballs:love
I used only the two best hens I have for this hatch. A columbian blue and a columbian black. The father of the chicks is a columbian blue. There are 6 eggs from the blue one and 8 from the black one.
Statistically I could get 7 columbian blues, 5/6 columbian blacks and 1/2 splash.
Hatching is so addictive that I'm having a hard time to not trying starting the second incubator lol

I am super tempted to join this as one of my Marans has been laying these beautiful speckled eggs 😍 it's hit or miss for the speckles
1645250588955.jpg

Attachments

• 20220212_170403.jpg
    20220212_170403.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 1
It seema to be murphys law whenever I set duck eggs there's a power outage. Litterally, every, single, duck, hatch. This time though, I atleast know its so hot out they are still developing because frankly I feel like I am jammed in and incubator at 38°C and I'm developing into a little eggy fetus 🥵. But yes, moral to the story, power outages are perfectly fine during incubations so long as its only a day or two

Back
Top Bottom