March 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Wow, and I thought things here took extra time. Stuff I mail from here sits at the local PO till the next day or the day after.
My latest order of quail eggs 🤦‍♀️ shipped priority mail on Monday, today is now Friday & they are supposed to be out for delivery.

Attachments

• F07EC020-7CA4-44CB-8828-A9DA512ABD63.png
    F07EC020-7CA4-44CB-8828-A9DA512ABD63.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 1
You can. I use a syringe to pull the water out of the wells. Each time a chick hatches the humidity will go up. You can also just lift the incubator lid slightly for a moment which will release some of the humidity. It won’t hurt for the humidity to be high at this point.😊
Thank you! It’s gone back down a bit. I might pop the shelf liner in real fast since no one else has pipped yet

I'm setting in a couple days! Quick question. It's been a few months since my last hatch so I don't remember.

I'm delivering the chicks to a local mill on the 29th. But of course, the chicks have to stay in the incubator for a day or two after the official hatch day. I'm okay taking care of the chicks for a day or so in my brooder but the customers there like the chicks only a day or two old.
What day would you recommend I time hatch day for? I was thinking the 26th or 27th?(I'm wondering if I should set them tomorrow or Sunday)

Back
Top Bottom