Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
I don't know how I'll be able to handle this waiting....I candled two after only 36 hours and. I believe that there is definitely some growth in there. Dark area in the middle of the yolk..... I'm so eggcited.

I don't know how I'll be able to handle this waiting....I candled two after only 36 hours and. I believe that there is definitely some growth in there. Dark area in the middle of the yolk..... I'm so eggcited.

That's exciting! I like to wait until 12 days to candle, (candling always makes me nervous) last year I had 3 extra large eggs that I thought were dead, and I almost through them away when I decided to put them back into the incubator, and all 3 hatched. One chick didn't survive, and the other two chicks grew into these beautiful pullets:

I'm always afraid that I will through away an egg with a live chick in it.
hu.gif

I couldnt wait any longer to start hatching. Set 42 eggs this morning. 28 silkie eggs and 14 other eggs. I have silkie, cochin, plymouth barred rock, white chantecler, americauna and barnyard mix. I also have a goose that is setting on eggs in the coop. I dont know how many eggs she has under her. She will be sitting on her own eggs plus duck eggs. The duck gets in the nest and lays an egg beside her and then the goose gathers the egg under her. Crazy birds, its still winter!

WOW you have a lot of eggs & birds! What breed is your goose? I have two african geese they seem to be trying to build a nest but I keep stealing their eggs since their infertile no gander around to change that.

I have 4 cayugas, 4 blue swedish, 1 khaki, 6 buff orpingtons and 9 muscovies. The muscovy is the hen who is laying in the goose nest. The geese are toulouse. I have 4 geese. 3 boys and 1 goose. I have about 65 chickens right now.

That's exciting! I like to wait until 12 days to candle, (candling always makes me nervous) last year I had 3 extra large eggs that I thought were dead, and I almost through them away when I decided to put them back into the incubator, and all 3 hatched. One chick didn't survive, and the other two chicks grew into these beautiful pullets: I'm always afraid that I will through away an egg with a live chick in it. :confused:
I'm not going to toss any until well into this hatch, this is just the first time I'm hatching. I don't see how people can be this patient

Back
Top Bottom