Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
I'm not going to toss any until well into this hatch, this is just the first time I'm hatching. I don't see how people can be this patient

I know what you mean. As soon as the chicks start hatching, I have to resist the temptation to open the incubator a thousand times and count how many pips I have!

Oh my gosh, we may be setting a couple peacock eggs, got the message as I was getting ready to fill the incubator. If the weather can warm up just a bit today we can go pick up...lucky us
What a lucky score! I've been waffling over getting some peacocks for years. We've had just about everything else (chicken, ducks, geese, turkey, quail), but I've never had peas. One of our neighbors had a TON of them when we lived in VA. They were so beautiful, but, they'd kind of freak everyone in the neighborhood out when breeding season would roll around and they'd start screaming
ep.gif

I know how you feel! I wanted to candle mine the second day!
I did candle mine the second day! And I didn't see much
hide.gif
I've been trying real hard to be good and leave them alone, but I'll probably go ahead and check my first batch again tonight. My Silkie eggs are really easy to see in to, and I can always tell pretty early if they're developing or not
lol.png

I did candle mine the second day! And I didn't see much
hide.gif
I've been trying real hard to be good and leave them alone, but I'll probably go ahead and check my first batch again tonight. My Silkie eggs are really easy to see in to, and I can always tell pretty early if they're developing or not
lol.png
hugs.gif
LOL...it's very difficult to leave the dear eggs alone...

I did candle mine the second day! And I didn't see much :oops:  I've been trying real hard to be good and leave them alone, but I'll probably go ahead and check my first batch again tonight. My Silkie eggs are really easy to see in to, and I can always tell pretty early if they're developing or not :lol:

I am planning to wait until day 7. Knowing me I will try on day 4 and see NOTHING because 8 of my eggs are grey, 8 are blue and only 1 is white. Lol.

I am planning to wait until day 7. Knowing me I will try on day 4 and see NOTHING because 8 of my eggs are grey, 8 are blue and only 1 is white. Lol.

Same here 15 blue 1 dark brown the rest are all darker terracotta. But I do have a REALLY good led flashlight that lets me see into almost all of them....still can't see in the marans egg though.

I did candle mine the second day! And I didn't see much :oops:  I've been trying real hard to be good and leave them alone, but I'll probably go ahead and check my first batch again tonight. My Silkie eggs are really easy to see in to, and I can always tell pretty early if they're developing or not :lol:

LOL! I hope they are all fertile!

I hope everyone has fertile eggs & I wish everyone the best of luck with your hatch!

Well, I don't think they're doing so well in the fertility department. I checked them a bit ago, and out of the first 25 I set, only 8 are showing development. I'm not surprised though. I just moved everyone to their breeding pens a few weeks ago, and I hadn't seen the roosters I moved doing much breeding wise. I've seen them mount the hens a couple of times since I set those eggs, so hopefully my second batch will be better. I'm leaving all of the first batch in for now, but I'm still collecting more eggs to replace any infertile ones. Luckily I have a second incubator, so I can do staggered hatches.

Back
Top Bottom