Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 31-40

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • 51+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
What is everyone keeping their humidity at during lockdown? I can't seem to get mine above 60. I filled the wells and have added two sponges and it still won't go up
hu.gif

What is everyone keeping their humidity at during lockdown?  I can't seem to get mine above 60.  I filled the wells and have added two sponges and it still won't go up:confused:

Add hot water, the humidity will most likely spike in less than a few hours. I have my humidity at 70% for my quail eggs and didn't have to help them out at all

Today is hatch day. I hear nothing from the last 10 eggs, 2 hatched yesterday. One Cream Legbar cockerell and 1 pullet. The cockerell was in rough shape, so sadly, I culled him today. The pullet is doing really well. I bought her 3 friends from the feed store this morning. She is the chipmunk striped pullet. Her friends are the yellow Buff Orp, and the 2 black Barred Rocks. I'm crossing fingers more hatch, but Cream Legbars are difficult and I am feeling pretty darn happy to have gotten a pullet! Out of 3 hatches last year I only got one pullet!

I originally set 27 eggs, 10 made it to lock down, 2 hatched so far.

Last edited:
My incubator gets sprayed on the inside with a squirt bottle full of warm water. It gets the humidity up to 65 % or higher depending on how much water I spray inside. I didn't have much luck with sponges.

My incubator gets sprayed on the inside with a squirt bottle full of warm water. It gets the humidity up to 65 % or higher depending on how much water I spray inside. I didn't have much luck with sponges.
Great idea, I'm having a hard time keeping humidity up too. it's so dry here!!!!

Back
Top Bottom